21.09.2010 95 °F
Things that have made me realize Thailand likes me more than I usually give it credit for:
- I gave a bunch of my students Lafayette pins. They are now wearing them as part of their uniform. Even though the might still be unsure as to weather I am from England or America, at the very least they know "Lafayette."
- A small Louisiana flag that Daddy and I had given several of the teachers was hanging near the front door of Nok's house when we stopped by for lunch.
- Yesterday the cleaning lady told me that she would miss me.
- Several students have asked if they can have my US phone number.
- The woman who cooks for me across the street hung up the sign we painted for her, took my order for my last meal, and told me that I really didn't have to go back to the states--I could just live with her. We'd be a Thai and Farang Food Stand.
Other than that, it's all grades and packing. Tomorrow is sport's day. Thursday is my party. Friday I leave for Bangkok. Whoa.